So, for those of you who didn't hear the exciting news...last week, our apartment building was struck by lightning. That's right, we were actually struck by lightning! We've had tornados touch down, tennis ball sized hail, and now we've been hit by lightning!!! This Dallas weather is crazy! It was just an ordinary day, and then before we knew it the rain was pooring down and thunder was banging all around. Jeff and I were looking out the window and noticing the low visible due to the rain when all of sudden it hit. Our apartment lit up and shook from the force of the strike. It was the loudest, scariest, brightest event I've ever experienced. I think my ears are still ringing from the bang. Right when it hit, all the lights and power went out in the apartment and we smelled smoke. My first thought was that the apartment building caught fire, but luckily that wasn't the case. Once we got the lights back on, we began taking inventory of the damage. The lightning strike came through many of our outlets and fried almost all of our electronics (the inside of our dvd player is in the picture). In one spot, it actually burned a mark in our carpet below one of our surge protectors (that's why we smelled smoke). Luckily, none of us were hurt, but we did have to replace our dvd player, vcr, cd player, fan, telephone, and our laptop power cord, plus we had to have our dishwasher and dryer fixed. Wow! Would you believe that Lexi slept through the whole thing though? Needless to say, since the accident we've purchased renters insurance and have everything in our apartment plugged into surge protectors. We've learned our lesson!