Sunday, April 5, 2009

Thoughts of Jerilyn

Today has been a truly wonderful day. I was blessed to listen to conference in the comfort of my own home with my daughter and husband nearby. As I listened to the speakers and contemplated on the upcoming Easter holiday, I was reminded of last Easter. I realized, for the first time today, that it was during the week surrounding Easter 2008 that I enjoyed my sister Jerilyn's company for the last time before her passing in June. Lexi and I flew to Arizona and there met up with Jerilyn and her children, Jennifer, and the rest of the family. Nothing profound happened during those few days spent together, in fact, I can't remember much of what we did, but if I had known it would be the last time I would see my sister I certainly would have cherished every moment with her. It is from this year on that Easter will hold a special place in my heart. I feel so blessed that our savior died for us so that we can be forgiven of our sins and once again be re-united with our loved ones. As you head into this the "passion week" remember to draw near to those you love and cherish every precious moment with them.

3 comments:

Eric said...

We were just talking about Jerilyn today during conference. We miss her. I was remembering that last easter she headed up the easter egg coloring with the kids and she kept buying annoying easter toys like the little wind up bunnies and ducks that ended up scattered around your moms house :). She always made things entertaining - and more fun!!!!

Gabbarts said...

Well said B. Jerilyn had such an amazing impact on everyone's lives. Those that knew her well and those that were just acquaintances. There's this song out there by Alan Jackson, called Sissy's Song, and every time I hear it, it makes me think of Jerilyn. Anyway, thanks for your thoughts.

J & J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.