Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Halloween

Lexi in her Flamingo costume. She defintly got good use out of that thing. Thanks Lala!

Jeff and me in our costumes for the ward party. This is one of the few pictures you will see of me during my pregnancy so savor it.

Lexi and her friend Elliot, aka Elf. His costume was definitly our favorite. The most amazing part was that his parents made the entire thing!

Lexi giving a hug to her friend Thad.

The Star Wars clan, complete with a baby Chewbacha and working lightsabers.

Tinkerbell, Captain Hook, and Peter Pan. We definitly have some creative friends.

Lexi with all of her best buds.

Bobbing for doughnuts. Try explaining the concept that you can't use your hands to a group of toddlers.

Lexi and her friends ready for Trick-or-Treating.

She ran for about the first 45 minutes and then got a little tired, bored, and scared.


All tuckered out after lot's of trick-or-treating.

Riding home with the loot.

Halloween this year at the Schramm home was quite a production. I had Lexi in and out of her costume so many times that I was excited to pack it away yesterday. I feel like this was really her first true Halloween because she was able to grasp the concept of going to people's door and saying "Trick or Treat". The Halloween hoopla actually began earlier in the week when Lexi wore her flamingo costume to the Halloween party at her preschool. Our next event was our ward Harvest Carnival followed by a trunk-or-treat on the 30th. Jeff and I decided to dress up, and since I'm 6 months pregnant we thought we would incorparate my large belly into our costumes. Consequently, Jeff was the devil and I was a pregnant nun with a sign taped to my belly reading "The Devil Made Me Do It". Lexi loved playing with all of her friends and participating in the various games.

On Halloween day, the festivities started around 4 o'clock with a party at our friend's apartment. They had games for the kids and lot's of festive treats. The funniest was watching Lexi bob for doughnuts. She was actually pretty good at it. After the party, we met up with another group of friends for the official trick-or-treating. Since this was Lexi's first year we weren't quite sure what to expect, but she definitly caught on pretty quickly following the older kid's lead. She did great until we visited some scary homes at which point she decided that Daddy needed to carry her the rest of the way. From that point on, instead of saying "Trick-or-Treat" at the door, she would simply say "I'm scared". I guess she was going for sympathy candy. We also underestimated the distance Lexi would have to walk. She definitly got tuckered out pretty quick and had to ride in the wagon our friends pulled along. I think next year we'll use the stroller. All-in-all it was a fun Halloween filled with lot's of great memories.

5 comments:

The Young Family Inc. said...

That little Flamingo is TOO cute!

You guys are FUN-KNEE!

Bee- you look GREAT! Keep it up!

Jonah and Aja said...

You kill me with laughter. I love the costumes. All of them. And I'm SO SO glad to finally see a shot of your belly. Can't you PLEASE post some bikini pics?
-Aja

katie said...

LOVE all your costumes. That little boy dressed as elf. Is a riot!! Happy Halloween

Anonymous said...

She is just so cute, I loved hearing her say she was a flamingo, like a zillion times in 3 days :). So sweet. You guys are such a riot...I thought your costumes were so funny!

Unknown said...

You did such a great job of this blog Brittany, and I love seeing pictures of my grandson. The pictures of my granddaughter are amazing, she is getting sooooo big and beautiful. Thanks for keeping this updated.
I love you
Mom Schramm